Thursday, October 18, 2012

Be Your Own Hero & Save Yourself



Many years ago I realized I would have to live with myself for the rest of my life...24/7. I thought, "I better well get to know myself."

I decided that day that I would learn to like myself. I would learn to live. I would learn to love myself. I would learn to get to know myself.

Ever since, I have lived by this..."Be your own hero and save yourself"
that is what came to me. I love it!

I motivate myself, I love myself, I became my own best friend. I learned to trust myself. I learned that I had the power and control. I learned that it was up to me, to put my life into my own hands. 

I could either hate myself and be miserable or love myself and be happy.

I wanted and needed peace and happiness. I wanted and needed hope. 

I looked for hope. 

What I found was: prayer when all else failed. Scriptures to feel the Spirit come over me, comfort, love, and warmth. I thought about my nieces and nephews and how I needed to live for them. I thought about the gospel. I thought about hope. I thought about change.

I learned to rely on myself. I can do better. I can be better. I can build myself up. I can empower myself. I can inspire myself. I can motivate myself. I can love myself. I learned to rely on Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost for everything. I learned to listen to the Holy ghost, I learned to be in tune. I learned to be aware of Heavenly Fathers inspiration. I learned to ponder, reflect, evaluate. I learned to be aware and mindful. I learned to the only source of peace..heavenly father, the spirit, the scriptures, the gospel principles, etc

I learned that attitude is a choice. I learned that happiness is a choice. I learned that peace is a choice. 

I turned to scriptures. MY favorite verse was and is D&C 68:6 "Be of good cheer and do not fear for I the Lord am with you and will stand by you."

Also Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee to be strong and of a good courage?"

Alma 33-38

There are great verses everywhere...I truly love the scriptures and I feast upon the words written. Every time I read them I am empowered, uplifted, receive hope, peace and joy. I am renewed.

I would rather live to inspire. I would rather live to uplift, encourage, motivate, and love. 


Every moment is a chance for change. Each moment is a gift. Each moment is a chance for freedom. 

I promise you there is hope, there is peace, there is joy. these things DO exist. We must seek out the beauty in this world. We must count our blessings. We must turn to our Savior. 


I also learned {by pondering, how I learned everything that I have learned }that because of my experiences I can help others. I have understanding, compassion, I have empathy, I have wisdom, I have strength to give others. I have hope to give others. I have purpose and meaning. I have passion. I have opinions because I educate myself, I read books, I pay attention when others speak. We are all able. We are all capable. We are all strength to give to others. We must let love in. We must let healing begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment